How can Counselling help me?
- We can support you to explore and understand your experiences
- We can help you develop new resources and coping skills
- We provide non-judgemental support
- We can help you to set personal and professional goals
Can anyone make an appointment?
- Yes, our clients come from all walks of life: children, adolescents, families/whanau, couples, men, and women
- All you need to do to make an appointment is phone us on 09 277-9324 and we will arrange an appointment for you with a Counsellor
What if I can’t make it to my appointment?
- Please call us as early as possible to let us know as others may be waiting for an appointment
What types of services are provided?
The types of Counselling available include:
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Counselling for women and children who have been the victims of or witnessed Family or Domestic Violence
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- Grief and/or loss
- Relationship issues
- Self esteem
- Historical or recent sexual abuse (ACC Sensitive Claims)
- Supervision – Professional and Clinical
What will the counselling environment be like?
- We are located in a quiet residential area
- We are close to public transport and free off road parking is available
- Tea, coffee, milo, and filtered water is available at no cost to you
- We have a comfortable waiting room and a children’s activity corner
- It is our intention for you to feel safe, supported, and welcome
Are the Counsellors registered with professional organizations?
- Yes, each Counsellor is required to be registered with a professional body in order to practice
- We have ACC approved Counsellors for sensitive claimants and Family Court approved Counsellors for people seeking counselling for domestic violence and relationship issues
How much will the Counselling cost?
- In some instances a subsidy to cover the Counselling fees is available
- When referred by the Family Court there is no cost to you
- If you are in receipt of income support from WINZ, you may be able to access a Disability Allowance to help with the costs
- We do not want the cost of Counselling to be a barrier for you. Please discuss this with us if you have any concerns