COVID-19 Alert Level 2
Auckland is currently in Level 2
Counselling Services Centre protocols
- It is preferable for client sessions to be conducted remotely, however may return to face to face provided the appropriate workplace and hygiene practices are followed.
- Sessions will be conducted remotely for clients at high risk of illness from COVID-19.
- Waiting rooms and kitchens will be closed to clients.Clients will be screened before entering CSC premises to ensure they do not have any respiratory symptoms or are at high risk of serious illness related to COVID-19. This may be by text or phone call.
- Clients will be required to wait in their car until their counsellor or social worker invites them in.
- Clients should scan CSC’s QR code to sign in with the NZ COVID Tracer app when entering CSC’s premises.
- All clients and clinical staff must use hand sanitiser before and after each session.
- Between client sessions, clinical staff must wipe down all surface areas and any toys used in the counselling rooms.
Counselling Services Centre (CSC) has been providing counselling and practical support to the Counties Manukau community since 1986.
To support and empower people who experience trauma. We do this by providing a professional and culturally appropriate crisis response service, social work support, ACC accredited and other counselling services within a safe, supportive and respectful environment.
CSC is committed to The Treaty of Waitangi and it’s Principles of Partnership, Protection and Participation. Our support of clients is informed by Te Whare Tapa Wha, a holistic health & wellness model of practice.
Crisis Response Team
24/7 free & confidential crisis response service for anyone affected by sexual assault or abuse.
Free and confidential support for people who go through the justice process, during and after trial.
Our counselling team accept self referrals and referrals from other agencies and services. Our counsellors are registered with a professional body such as NZAC and NZCCA and most are ACC registered.
Our social work team provide advocacy, support services and resources. Our social workers are registered with SWRB and ANZASW.
We are a proud member of the Fundraising Institute of New Zealand (FINZ). FINZ is the professional body that represents fundraising in New Zealand. In delivering its mission, FINZ is concerned with: Providing the best professional development programmes to lead and educate fundraisers, developing standards of practice to enhance the integrity and professionalism of fundraisers and the fundraising sector and advocating the value of fundraising to society and government in order to empower fundraisers in their work in and with communities.