Counselling Services Centre
Our Mission is to support and empower survivors of sexual assault and abuse and other trauma by providing a professional and culturally appropriate crisis response and counselling service within a safe, supportive and respectful environment. Our counsellors have specialist skills in working with children, adolescents, adults and their families as appropriate. Counselling Services Centre was set up in 1986 as South Auckland HELP Foundation, delivering both counselling and crisis support services. In 1998 we became a registered Charitable Trust after changing our name in 1992 to Counselling Services Centre due to the expanding needs of the Counties Manukau community.
Our organisation was established to deal specifically with victims of sexual assault and abuse. Over time our service has broadened to include services to those whose lives are affected by domestic and family violence, homicide, relationship difficulties, grief, addiction, depression or anxiety. We provide services to people living in the Counties Manukau/South Auckland district –from the Bombay Hills to Otahuhu, including Manukau East and Maraetai.
There are 2 parts to Counselling Services Centre – Crisis Response and Counselling
Crisis Response Team
- Our experienced Crisis Response team provides a 24 hour, 7 day per week call out service for survivors of sexual assault and abuse- adults (men and women) and young people 13 years and over. For young people 12 years and under and their caregivers and whanau, we will support and assist you through to the appropriate Agency
- We focus on you as a survivor and provide support to you and your whanau during Police statement taking, and forensic medical treatment and examinations
- We provide follow-up phone and face-to-face support and can arrange ongoing counselling for you, at the Agency
- You safety and confidentiality is paramount
- Our highly-qualified team of counsellors accepts referrals to address any issues with which you need help
- To make a referral, book an appointment, or enquire about how we could help you, phone, fax, or email us